List Price: $70.00 Our price: $59.50 You save $10.50! (15% OFF)
- ISBN-10: 0-07-183353-6
- ISBN-13: 978-0-07-183353-0
- Copyright August 5, 2016
- Dimensions: 7.3" x 8.9"
- Pages: 384
- Edition: 1st
This hands-on Oracle Press guide shows, step-by-step, how to build, configure, and manage a data-backed private/hybrid cloud with Oracle Enterprise Manager 13c Cloud Control. Written by an Oracle Certified Master and experienced author, Oracle Database Cloud Cookbook with Oracle Enterprise Manager 13c Cloud Control offers clear explanations, real-world examples, and expert tips. Find out how to consolidate server and database assets; plan and set up your cloud; deliver DBaaS, SCHaaS, and PDBaaS; use the Cloud REST API; and work with hybrid cloud configurations. Standby databases, cloud-based security, and data backup are also covered in this comprehensive resource.
Inside, you will learn to:
- Consolidate your hosts and databases and prepare to migrate to the cloud using Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 13c
- Configure and maintain a database-as-a-service cloud and snap clones
- Leverage schema-as-a-service effectively
- Maximize consolidation and isolation with pluggable-database-as-a-service
- Set up and monitor an Oracle-focused hybrid database cloud
- Carry out as-a-service requests using the Cloud REST API
- Schedule and execute data backups with Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN)
- Disaster-proof your cloud with Oracle standby databases using Oracle Data Guard
About the Author:
Porus Homi Havewala (Singapore) works as a Senior manager (Enterprise Technology) at Oracle Corporation, Singapore. He frequently contributes to Oracle blogs and is the author of Managing Data Center Chaos using Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c.