List Price: $45.00 Our price: $38.25 You save $6.75! (15% OFF)
Product Type: Book
Current, essential IT networking skills -- made easy!
Thoroughly revised to cover the latest technologies, this practical resource provides you with a solid foundation in networking fundamentals. Networking: A Beginner's Guide, Sixth Edition discusses wired and wireless network design, configuration, hardware, protocols, security, backup, recovery, and virtualization. You'll also get step-by-step instructions for installing, configuring, and managing Windows Server 2012, Exchange Server 2013, Oracle Linux, and Apache.
This is the perfect book for anyone starting a networking career or in need of an easy-to-follow refresher.
- Understand network cabling, topologies, hardware, and the OSI seven-layer model
- Connect LANs and WANs
- Configure network protocols, such as TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, SMTP, DHCP, HTTP, WINS, and more
- Explore directory services, such as Microsoft's Active Directory, X.400, and LDAP
- Enable and support remote network access
- Secure your network and handle backup and disaster recovery
- Select, install, and manage reliable network servers, including Windows Server 2012, Exchange Server 2013, Oracle Linux, and Apache
- Manage network workstation computers
- Design a robust network from the ground up
- Work with virtualization technologies, such as Hyper-V, VMWare, and Oracle VM VirtualBox
Bruce Hallberg is a networking technology consultant to Fortune 1000 companies. He is the bestselling author of more than 20 information technology books on computer networking and technology topics, such as web servers, Linux, Apache, Windows, virtualization, and more.