Your training and experience using Microsoft® Office Access® has given you basic database management skills, such as creating tables, designing forms and reports, and building queries. In this course, you will expand your knowledge of relational database design; promote quality input from users; improve database efficiency and promote data integrity; and implement advanced features in tables, queries, forms, and reports. Extending your knowledge of Access will result in a robust, functional database for your users.
This course is the second part of a three-course series that covers the skills needed to perform database design and development in Access 2019.
- Microsoft® Office Access® 2019: Part 1 : Focuses on the design and construction of an Access database —viewing, navigating, searching, and entering data in a database, as well as basic relational database design and creating simple tables, queries, forms, and reports.
- Microsoft® Office Access® 2019: Part 2 (this course): Focuses on optimization of an Access database, including optimizing performance and normalizing data; data validation; usability; and advanced queries, forms, and reports.
- Microsoft® Office Access® 2019: Part 3 : Focuses on managing the database and supporting complex database designs , including import and export of data; using action queries to manage data; creating complex forms and reports; macros and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA); and tools and strategies to manage, distribute, and secure a database.
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist Program exam objectives to help you prepare for the Access Expert (Office 363 and Office 2019): Exam MO-500 certification.
In this course, you will optimize an Access 2019 database.
- Provide input validation features to promote the entry of quality data into a database.
- Organize a database for efficiency and performance, and to maintain data integrity.
- Improve the usability of Access tables.
- Create advanced queries to join and summarize data.
- Use advanced formatting and controls to improve form presentation.
- Use advanced formatting and calculated fields to improve reports.