Data is everywhere. Most job roles today involve some form of data management. Virtually everyone is affected in some way by the need to manage data. A relational database application such as Microsoft® Office Access® can help you and your organization with this task. This course is the first part of a three-course series that covers the skills needed to perform database design and development in Access.
- Microsoft® Office Access® 2019: Part 1 (this course): Focuses on the design and construction of an Access database —viewing, navigating, searching, and entering data in a database, as well as basic relational database design and creating simple tables, queries, forms, and reports.
- Microsoft® Office Access® 2019: Part 2 : Focuses on optimization of an Access database, including optimizing performance and normalizing data, data validation, usability, and advanced queries, forms, and reports.
- Microsoft® Office Access® 2019: Part 3 : Focuses on managing the database and supporting complex database designs , including import and export of data, using action queries to manage data, creating complex forms and reports, macros and VBA, and tools and strategies to manage, distribute, and secure a database.
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist Program exam objectives to help you prepare for the Access Expert (Office 363 and Office 2019): Exam MO-500 certification.
In this course, you will create and manage an Access 2019 database.
- Navigate within the Access application environment, create a simple database, and customize Access configuration options.
- Organize and manage data stored within Access tables.
- Use queries to join, sort, and filter data from different tables.
- Use forms to make it easier to view, access, and input data.
- Create and format custom reports.