IT Essentials v7 Companion Guide and Labs & Study Guide ValuePack supports the Cisco Networking Academy IT Essentials version 7 course. Purchasing this ValuePack provides both the Companion Guide and the Labs & Study Guide. The course is designed for Cisco Networking Academy students who want to pursue careers in IT and learn how computers work, how to assemble computers, and how to safely and securely troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
The features of the Companion Guide are designed to help you study and succeed in this course:
- Chapter objectives–Review core concepts by answering the focus questions listed at the beginning of each chapter.
- Key terms–Refer to the updated lists of networking vocabulary introduced, and turn to the highlighted terms in context.
- Course section numbering–Follow along with the course heading numbers to easily jump online to complete labs, activities, and quizzes referred to within the text.
- Check Your Understanding Questions and Answer Key–Evaluate your readiness with the updated end-of-chapter questions that match the style of questions you see on the online course quizzes.
Each chapter of the Labs & Study Guide is divided into a Study Guide section followed by a Lab section.
The Study Guide section offers exercises that help you learn the concepts, configurations, and troubleshooting skills crucial to your success as a CompTIA® A+ 220-1001 and 220-1002 exam candidate. Each chapter is slightly different and includes some or all the following types of exercises:
- Vocabulary Matching Exercises
- Concept Questions Exercises
- Skill-Building Activities and Scenarios
- Packet Tracer Exercises
The Labs & Activities include all the online course Labs and Packet Tracer activity instructions. If applicable, this section begins with a Command Reference that you will complete to highlight all the commands introduced in the chapter.
These books are part of the Cisco Networking Academy Series from Cisco Press®. Books in this series support and complement the Cisco Networking Academy.