Introduction to Networks Companion Guide is the official supplemental textbook for the Introduction to Networks course in the Cisco Networking Academy CCNA curriculum.
The course introduces the architecture, protocols, functions, components, and models of the internet and computer networks. The principles of IP addressing and fundamentals of Ethernet concepts, media, and operations are introduced to provide a foundation for the curriculum. By the end of the course, you will be able to build simple LANs, perform basic configurations for routers and switches, understand the fundamentals of network security, and implement IP addressing schemes.
The Companion Guide is designed as a portable desk reference to use anytime, anywhere to reinforce the material from the course and organize your time.
The books features help you focus on important concepts to succeed in this course:
- Chapter objectives: Review core concepts by answering the focus questions listed at the beginning of each chapter.
- Key terms: Refer to the lists of networking vocabulary introduced and highlighted in context in each chapter.
- Glossary: Consult the comprehensive Glossary with more than 300 terms.
- Summary of Activities and Labs: Maximize your study time with this complete list of all associated practice exercises at the end of each chapter.
- Check Your Understanding: Evaluate your readiness with the end-of-chapter questions that match the style of questions you see in the online course quizzes. The answer key explains each answer.
- How To: Look for this icon to study the steps you need to learn to perform certain tasks.
- Interactive Activities: Reinforce your understanding of topics with dozens of exercises from the online course identified throughout the book with this icon.
- Videos: Watch the videos embedded within the online course.
- Packet Tracer Activities: Explore and visualize networking concepts using Packet Tracer. There are multiple exercises interspersed throughout the chapters and provided in the accompanying Labs & Study Guide book.
- Hands-on Labs: Work through all the labs and other activities that are included in the course and published in the separate Labs & Study Guide.