BCEN® CEN® Practice Exams match the blueprint of the CEN exam. The practice exams conform to the specifications of the CEN exam, both in terms of content and average difficulty level.
You will have access to this practice exam for 90 days from the date you activate the key.
This Practice Exam contains 150 questions and covers the following content areas:
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Respiratory Emergencies
- Neurological Emergencies
- Gastrointestinal, Genitourinary, Gynecology and Obstetrical Emergencies
- Psychosocial and Medical Emergencies
- Maxillofacial, Ocular, Orthopedic and Wound Emergencies
- Environment and Toxicology Emergencies and Communicable Diseases
- Professional Issues
Representative references for the CEN Practice Exam include the following
- Hammond, B.B. and Zimmerman, P.G. (Eds). (2013). Sheehy's Manual of Emergency Care. 7th ed. St. Louis, M: Elsevier Mosby.
- Emergency Nurses Association. (2018). Emergency Nursing Core Curriculum. 7th ed. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Mosby.
- Thomas, D.O. and Bernardo, L.M. (Eds). (2009). Core Curriculum for Pediatric Emergency Nursing. 2nd ed. Des Plaines, IL: ENA.
- Emergency Nurses Association. (2014). Trauma Nurse Core Course Provider Manual. 7th ed. Des Plaines, IL: ENA.
- Howard P.K. and Steinmann, R.A. (Eds). (2010). Sheehy's Emergency Nursing: Principles and Practice. 6th ed. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Mosby.
- Proehl, J.A. (2009). Emergency Nursing Procedures. 4th ed. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Saunders.
BCEN makes no guarantees as to the success of a CEN candidate that has taken the practice exam. Taking the practice exam is not required to be eligible to sit for the CEN exam.
Windows 7 or newer, OSX 10.9 or newer
PC: Chrome 39 or newer; Firefox 34 or newer; Internet Explorer 10 or newer
Linux: Chrome 39 or newer; Firefox 34 or newer
Mac: Chrome 39 or newer; Firefox 34 or newer; Safari 8 or newer
iOS: Safari 8 or newer; Chrome 39 or newer
Android: 4.0 or newer; Chrome 39 or newer