List Price: $55.00 Our price: $46.75 You save $8.25! (15% OFF)
Product Type: Book
This authorized guide from Oracle Press explains how to administer Oracle9i on all of the major UNIX platforms, including Solaris, HP-UNIX and IBM-UNIX, and Linux. Inside, you'll find proven techniques and UNIX scripts that can be used to perform dozens of UNIX-related tasks.
From the Back Cover
Run Oracle9i on the UNIX Platform
Officially authorized by Oracle Corporation, this in-depth resource explains how to deploy and manage Oracle9i on all of the major UNIX platforms, including Solaris, HP-UNIX, IBM-AIX UNIX, and Linux. You'll learn to configure, administer, monitor, and tune Oracle9i in the UNIX environment using a proven set of commands, tools, and techniques. Plus, you'll get ready-to-use UNIX scripts that you can use to perform dozens of administrative tasks.
- Manage and tune the Oracle UNIX server with UNIX commands
- Capture UNIX server statistics with Oracle9i STATSPACK
- Handle UNIX disk management and reduce I/O
- Write powerful UNIX scripts to interact with Oracle9i
- Examine the interaction between Oracle and the UNIX OS
- Monitor UNIX dedicated and multi-threaded server connections to Oracle
- Take advantage of the Oracle Optimal Flexible Architecture (OFA) for file management
- Create automated UNIX scripts to monitor Oracle files
- Encapsulate Oracle DBA tasks into UNIX shell scripts