Now fully updated for the new Cisco SWITCH 300-115 exam, Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH) Foundation Learning Guide is your Cisco® authorized learning tool for CCNP® or CCDP® preparation. Part of the Cisco Press Foundation Learning Series, it teaches you how to plan, configure, verify, secure, and maintain complex enterprise switching solutions using Cisco Catalyst® switches and Enterprise Campus Architecture.
The authors show you how to build scalable multilayer switched networks, create and deploy global intranets, and perform basic troubleshooting in environments using Cisco multilayer switches for client hosts and services. They begin by reviewing basic switching concepts, network design, and campus network architecture. Next, they present in-depth coverage of spanning-tree, inter-VLAN routing, first-hop redundancy, network management, advanced switch features, high availability, and campus network security.
Each chapter opens with a list of topics that clearly identify its focus. Each chapter ends with a summary of key concepts for quick study, as well as review questions to assess and reinforce your understanding. Throughout, configuration examples, and sample verification outputs illustrate critical issues in network operation and troubleshooting.
This guide is ideal for all certification candidates who want to master all the topics covered on the SWITCH 300-115 exam.
- Serves as the official textbook for version 7 of the Cisco Networking Academy CCNP SWITCH course
- Covers basic switching terminology and concepts, and the unique features of Cisco Catalyst switch designs
- Reviews campus network design, including network structure, roles of Cisco Catalyst switches, and differences between Layer 2 and multilayer switches
- Introduces VLANs, VTP, Trunking, and port-channeling
- Explains Spanning Tree Protocol configuration
- Presents concepts and modern best practices for interVLAN routing
- Covers first-hop redundancy protocols used by Cisco Catalyst switches
- Outlines a holistic approach to network management and Cisco Catalyst device security with AAA, NTP, 802.1x, and SNMP
- Describes how to use advanced features to improve campus network resiliency and availability
- Shows how to establish switch physical redundancy using Stackwise, VSS, or redundant supervisors
- Explains advanced security features