This e-learning training contains topics and lab demonstrations needed to gain a working understanding of the Cisco Converged Access (CA) solution (release 3.2SE), including wireless features related to mobility, QoS, and security; configuration; general administration; and troubleshooting.
Supported on Windows and Mac computing environments with a browser.
Target Audience: System engineers, network engineers, field engineers, and technical support engineers. The primary audience for this course is technical personnel who already work with CUWN products and need to learn what is different about Converged Access products.
Duration: 8 hours running time (not including personal study or lab time).
Cisco Converged Access controllers are part of the Cisco Unified Access portfolio, combining Layer 3 switches (3850) and wireless LAN controllers (5760). The Converged Access controllers are based on IOS (instead of AireOS in the Cisco Unified Wireless Networks (CUWN) solution). This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to plan, deploy, manage, and maintain a Cisco Converged Access solution based on code release 3.2SE, and covering the 5760 and 3850 platforms. The course comprises the following key topics:
- An overview of the Cisco Converged Access solution, including supported features and comparison with the CUWN solution.
- Installation and base configuration of the Cisco Converged Access products, including installation, upgrade, access troubleshooting, RF optimization and general administration of access points and wireless clients.
- Converged Access mobility and QoS administration.
- Converged Access security configuration.
- This training program includes eighteen e-Learning modules. You can work through the modules in order or simply choose the ones you are most interested in.