BCEN® CPEN® Practice Exam matches the blueprint of the CPEN exam. The practice exam conforms to the specifications of the CPEN exam, both in terms of content and average difficulty level.
You will have access to this practice exam for 90 days from the date you activate the key.
This Practice Exam contains 150 questions and covers the following content areas:
- Triage Process and Assessment
- Medical Emergencies: Respiratory, Cardiovascular, and Neurological
- Additional Medical Emergencies
- Special Considerations
- Trauma Emergencies
Representative references for the CPEN Practice Exam include the following
- Emergency Nurses Association. (2018). Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course Provider Manual. 5th ed. Schaumburg, IL: ENA.
- Hammond, B.B and Zimmerman, P. G. (Eds). (2013). Sheehy´s Manual of Emergency Care. 7th ed. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Mosby.
- Howard. P.K. and Steinmann, R.A (Eds). (2010). Sheehy´s Emergency Nursing: Principles and Practice. 6th ed. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Mosby.
- Proehl, J.A. (2009). Emergency Nursing Procedures. 4th ed. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Saunders.
- Emergency Nurses Association. (2014). Trauma Nurse Core Course Provider Manual. 7th ed. Des Plaines, IL: ENA.
- Thomas, D.O. and Bernardo, L.M. (2009). Core Curriculum for Pediatric Emergency Nursing. 2nd ed. Des Plaines, IL: ENA.
- Emergency Nurses Association. (2018). Emergency Nursing Core Curriculum. 7th ed. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Mosby.
BCEN makes no guarantees as to the success of a CPEN candidate that has taken the practice exam. Taking the practice exam is not required to be eligible to sit for the CPEN exam.
Windows 7 or newer, OSX 10.9 or newer
PC: Chrome 39 or newer; Firefox 34 or newer; Internet Explorer 10 or newer
Linux: Chrome 39 or newer; Firefox 34 or newer
Mac: Chrome 39 or newer; Firefox 34 or newer; Safari 8 or newer
iOS: Safari 8 or newer; Chrome 39 or newer
Android: 4.0 or newer; Chrome 39 or newer