The exciting new CompTIA Pentest+ Cert Guide, Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test is a digital-only certification preparation product combining an eBook with enhanced Pearson IT Certification Practice Test. The Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test contains the following items:
- The Pentest+ PT0-001 Premium Edition Practice Test, including four full practice exams and enhanced practice test features
- PDF and EPUB formats of the CompTIA Pentest+ Cert Guide from Pearson IT Certification, which are accessible via your PC, tablet, and smartphone
About the Premium Edition Practice Test
This Premium Edition contains an enhanced version of the Pearson Test Prep practice test software with four full practice exams. In addition, it contains all the chapter-opening assessment questions from the book. This integrated learning package:
- Allows you to focus on individual topic areas or take complete, timed exams
- Includes direct links from each question to detailed tutorials to help you understand the concepts behind the questions
- Provides unique sets of exam-realistic practice questions
- Tracks your performance and provides feedback on a module-by-module basis, laying out a complete assessment of your knowledge to help you focus your study where it is needed most
Pearson Test Prep online system requirements:
Browsers: Chrome version 40 and above; Firefox version 35 and above; Safari version 7; Internet Explorer 10, 11; Microsoft Edge; Opera. Devices: Desktop and laptop computers, tablets running on Android and iOS, smartphones with a minimum screen size of 4.7". Internet access required.
Pearson Test Prep offline system requirements:
Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 7; Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 Client; Pentium-class 1 GHz processor (or equivalent); 512 MB RAM; 650 MB disk space plus 50 MB for each downloaded practice exam; access to the Internet to register and download exam databases
About the Premium Edition eBook
Learn, prepare, and practice for CompTIA Pentest+ PT0-001 exam success with this CompTIA Cert Guide from Pearson IT Certification, a leader in IT certification
- Master CompTIA Pentest+ PT0-001 exam topics
- Assess your knowledge with chapter-ending quizzes
- Review key concepts with exam preparation tasks
- Practice with realistic exam questions
- Get practical guidance for next steps and more advanced certifications
CompTIA Pentest+ Cert Guide is a best-of-breed exam study guide from Pearson IT Certification, a leader in IT certification learning. Leading IT security experts Omar Santos and Ron Taylor share preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics.
CompTIA Pentest+ Cert Guide presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. Exam topic lists make referencing easy. Chapter-ending Exam Preparation Tasks help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly. Review questions help you assess your knowledge, and a final preparation chapter guides you through tools and resources to help you craft your final study plan.
Well regarded for its level of detail, assessment features, and challenging review questions and exercises, this study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that will allow you to succeed on the exam the first time.
The CompTIA study guide helps you master all the topics on the Pentest+ exam, including:
- Planning and scoping: Explain the importance of proper planning and scoping, understand key legal concepts, explore key aspects of compliance-based assessments
- Information gathering and vulnerability identification: Understand passive and active reconnaissance, conduct appropriate information gathering and use open source intelligence (OSINT); perform vulnerability scans; analyze results; explain how to leverage gathered information in exploitation; understand weaknesses of specialized systems
- Attacks and exploits: Compare and contrast social engineering attacks; exploit network-based, wireless, RF-based, application-based, and local host vulnerabilities; summarize physical security attacks; perform post-exploitation techniques
- Penetration testing tools: Use numerous tools to perform reconnaissance, exploit vulnerabilities and perform post-exploitation activities; leverage the Bash shell, Python, Ruby, and PowerShell for basic scripting
- Reporting and communication: Write reports containing effective findings and recommendations for mitigation; master best practices for reporting and communication; perform post-engagement activities such as cleanup of tools or shells