CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 Official Cert Guide, Volume 1, Fifth Edition from CiscoPress enables you to succeed on the exam the first time and is the only self-study resource approved by Cisco. Expert instructors Narbik Kocharians and Peter Palúch share preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. This first of two volumes covers LAN switching, IP networking, and IP IGP routing topics.
This complete study package includes:
- A test-preparation routine proven to help you pass the exams
- “Do I Know This Already?” quizzes, which enable you to decide how much time you need to spend on each section
- Chapter-ending exercises, which help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly
- The powerful Pearson IT Certification Practice Test software, complete with hundreds of well-reviewed, exam-realistic questions, customization options, and detailed performance reports
- A final preparation chapter, which guides you through tools and resources to help you craft your review and test-taking strategies
- Study plan suggestions and templates to help you organize and optimize your study time
Well regarded for its level of detail, study plans, assessment features, challenging review questions and exercises, this official study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that ensure your exam success.
CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 Official Cert Guide, Volume 1, Fifth Edition is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
The official study guide helps you master topics on the CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 exams, including:
- Virtual LANs and VLAN Trunking
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- IP services (ARP, NTP, DHCP, NAT, SNMP, NetFlow, and more)
- RIPv2 and RIPng
- OSPF v2 and v3
- Route redistribution, route summarization, default routing, and performance routing
The CD-ROM contains 200 practice questions for the exam.
Includes Exclusive Offer for 70% Off Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test
Pearson IT Certification Practice Test minimum system requirements: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7, or Windows 8; Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Client; Pentium class 1GHz processor (or equivalent); 512 MB RAM; 650 MB disc space plus 50 MB for each downloaded practice exam; access to the Internet to register and download exam databases